Sub Code: PGDYT T 102
Total Hrs: 60
Exam Marks: 50
IA Marks: 50
Exam Duration: 3 Hrs
Chapter 1: Principles of Yoga Therapy (10 hours)
Concept of body, health and disease; concept of Yoga; Pancha Kosa, the basis for the IAYT, Pancha Kosa practices of Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijianamaya and Anandamaya kosas.
Health and Yoga Therapy through Yoga Vasinoha: Concepts of Adhi and Vyadhi as found in Yoga Vasinoha; the remedial measures; Handling the mind and emotions-enhancing the power of discrimination.
Health and Yoga Therapy through Gheraeoa Samhita: Historical aspects; life of Gheraeoa; the dimensions of Hatha Yoga, contributed by Gheraeoa in comparison to other texts; study of the text and their usefulness in modern times.
Health and Yoga Therapy through Hatha Ratnavali, study of the text and their usefulness in modern times.
Chapter 2 :Fundamentals Of Ayurveda (10 hours)
i.General introduction, definition, history and principles of Ayurveda.
ii.Concept, role and importance of - Dosha, Dhatu, Mala, Updhatu, Srotas, Indriya, Agni, Prana, Pranayatna, Prakriti, Deha Prakriti and Manasa Prakrit.
iii.Concept, role and importance of -Swasthavrita, Dinacharya, Ritucharya, Sadvrita, Achararasayana.
iv.Elementary knowledge of concept of health, disease and management of common diseases in Ayurveda.
v.Relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda, Importance & utility of basic concepts of Ayurveda in Yogic Therapy.
Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Naturopathy (Nisargopachar) (10 hours)
i.General introduction, definition, history and principles of Nisargopachar
ii.Concept, role, qualities, functions and importance of -five elements. Relationships of five elements with seasons, body and mind.
iii.Philosophy of Nisargopachar- Western and Indian Concept of health and disease in Nisargopachar. Main principles of Naturopathy (Nisargopachar).
iv.Practices in Nisargopachar- Upavasa & Diet Therapy, Hydrotherapy & Mud therapy, Solar, Color & Magnet therapy, Massage & Manipulative therapies, Acupuncture and Energy Medicine.
v.Relationship between Yoga and Nisargopachar. Yoga & Nisargopachar as a system of medicine in disease prevention, health promotion and management of diseases.
Chapter 4: Principles of Therapy in Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
1. Dr R Nagarathna and Dr H R Nagendra:Yoga and Health, Swami Vivekananda
Yoga Prakashana, 2002
2. Dr R Nagarathna and Dr H R Nagendra:Yoga for Promotion of Positive Health,
Swami Vivekananda Yoga Prakashana, 2002
3. Jnananda Bharati :Essence of Yoga Vasinoha, Pub: Sanata Books, Chennai
4. Hatha Ratnavali, Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthana, Andhra Pradesh.
5. Gheranda Samhita, Shri Sadguru Publication, New Delhi.
1. Swami Digambarji and : Gheraeoa Samhita
Gharote M.L.(Kaivalyadhama, S.M.Y. Samiti, Lonavala, 1978.)
2. Ghosh, Shyam: The Original Yoga
(Munshiram Manoharlal, New Delhi, 1999)
3. Swami Maheshanandaji and Others: Shiva Samhita
(Kaivalyadhama, S.M.Y.M. Samiti, Lonavala,1999)
4. Ghatore, M.L and others.: Hatharaonavali of Srinivasayogi
(The Lonavala Yoga Institute, Lonavala, 2002)
5. Woodroffe, Sir John: The Serpent power
(Ganesh & Company, Madras, 2000)
6. Venkatesananda (Author) : Vasinoha Yoga, State University of New York Press, 1993.