Title: Bachelor of Science (Yoga) abbreviated as BSc (Y)
Regulations Governing Bachelor of Science Yoga (BSc Y)
- To train persons as Yoga Therapy Instructors as paramedical personal in hospitals, nursing homes to introduce IAYT under the guidance of doctors.
- To equip the participants to run their own Yoga Centers.
- To equip the participants to work as therapists at Naturopathy hospitals, health clubs etc.
- To train them to introduce yoga in higher secondary schools.
Title & Duration Of The Course
- The course shall be called Bachelor of Science in Yoga abbreviated as BSc (Y)
- There will be TWO intakes in each calendar year starting on Jaunuary And July
- The examination for the subjects shall be conducted at the end of programme as per the evaluation scheme of DDE.
- The minimum duration of the course will be THREE years and the maximum duration will be SIX years
Admissions & Eligibility
- The candidate should have completed 12 years of education / 12th Standard / PUC or equivalent
- The candidate shall have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in High School
- The candidate should have completed Yoga Instructor's Course
- Any reservations / special privileges may be given as per Governmental norms.
Counseling and Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs)
- There will be Seven Personal Contact Programmes conducted as per Table below
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the Admissions Committee from time to time.
- PCP Schedules are subject to change.
|Type of PCP
||First Semester Induction
||First Semester Assessment / Second Semester Induction
||Second Semester Assessment / ThirdSemester Induction
||Third Semester Assessment / Fourth Semester Induction
||Fourth Semester Assessment / Fifth Semester Induction
||Fifth Semester Assessment / Sixth Semester Induction
||Sixth Semester Assessment
1 to 7 January
|9 to 16 July
17 to 23 January
25 to 31 July
2 to 8 February
10 to 17 August
19 to 25 February
1 to 7 July
|9 to 16 January
17 to 23 July
25 to 31 January
2 to 8 August
10 to 17 February
19 to 25 August
You may view the fees by going to Fees Structure (effective from 1st May, 2017
Refund and Cancellation
- Fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In case the students do not finish the programme in the current batch, registration will be carried forward to the subsequent batches on payment of
per Semester Tuition Fees. If students do not finish the programme within stipulated maximum duration, their registrations will be considered cancelled.
How to Apply
You may download the application form Online FREE by downloading the application forms in PDF or Doc formats, complete the same and send it to us along with documents listed in the application forms to email@example.com
Please note: We have been experiencing difficulties with many email addresses. is our preferred Email provider. Please create a gmail email for easy communications!
Documents to be submitted along with application:
(Documents should be attested by Notary / Gazzetted Officers. In case certificates are self attested, students are required to produce originals during PCPs)
(Please note: Yoga Instructor’s Course PLUS 12th Standard or 12 years of Education (High School) are prerequisites)
i. Two Passport Size Photographs (SIX for non-Indians)
ii. Attested marks card from High School (10th Standard) to highest examination passed
iii. Attested copies of University Certificates
iv. Copy of Passport and Visa (for non-Indian Nationals)
v. Health / Fitness Certificate
vi. Declaration from student stating he/she is not enrolled for other diploma/degree programmes
Apply through Post:
Please send us hard copy of your application form and your educational certificates to
BSc (Yoga) Course Coordinator,
Directorate of Distance Education,
19, Eknath Bhavan
The DD should be drawn in favor of DDE, SVYASA payable at Bangalore
You may pay online through a bank transfer as per details below:
A/c Name : Directorate of Distance Education, S-VYASA OR DDE, SVYASA
A/c Number : 31842235275
Bank Name & Adress : SBI, CA 4 / 1, APC Circle, Jigani Indl. Area, Jigani, Bangalore
SWIFT / IFSC Code: SBIN0011355 (used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
Branch Code : 11355
Type of Account: Current
You may also deposit cash in any SBI into our bank account given above
Please note: Once payment is made, please send us a copy of your transaction details. We will be unable to provide a receipt with the copy of the transaction details