Message from the Dr HR Nagendra, Vice Chancellor, S-VYASA
My dear Students, Parents and Faculty of DDE,
Greetings from Prashanti Kutiram, the Abode of Peace!
As you are aware, S-VYASA is the only Yoga University in the world conducting Yoga Academic courses and programmes. S-VYASA has now been accepted worldwide and some of our distinctions include:
- S-VYASA has been supported for infrastructural development by Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, recognizing us as the Center for Excellence in Yoga
- S-VYASA has the only-of-its-kind Cancer Care Center, Amritam, as an extension of Arogyadhama, a state-of-the-art facility
- S-VYASA has crossed the 150 mark for the number of publications published in indexed, peer-reviewed journals - 168 to be precise
- S-VYASA's International Journal of Yoga (I-JOY; www.ijoy.org.in) has now been indexed in PubMed - the first and the only Journal on Yoga and Indian Medicine to get this distinction.
- S-VYASA is now an ISO: 9001-2008 certified - the first Yoga University to be so.
- S-VYASA has now been sanctioned an R01 Grant in collaboration with MD Anderson Cancer Care Center, Houston, Texas, USA, on Yoga and Breast Cancer totaling about $ 5 Million for a period of five years.
- S-VYASA has most recently received a grant of nearly One Crore from DST for Cognitive research
- S-VYASA has received the prestigious Karnataka Rajyotsava award from the Government of Karnataka November for 2010
We are now glad to announce our programmes through distance education with the formation of the Directorate of Distance Education. I request you all to take full advantage of this opportunity. I am certain that you will benefit greatly from the rich Yoga experience of our University, its faculty and its campus Prashanti Kutiram.
Dr HR Nagendra